Paper Crafting and Painting

Paper Crafting and Painting
A few of my favorite things...

Monday, May 14, 2012

Strawberry Freezer Jam!

I love summer! Especially the fruit that comes from summer! Below is a short clip of the freezer jam I made on Saturday and my grandma Hansen's recipe.  I love this recipe because anyone can make it.

I know it may sound silly...but every year after making jam, I drag my husband into the kitchen to admire the pretty jars.=)

Grandma Hansen's Freezer Jam:
Stir together 2 cups of crushed fruit ( I do this in the blender) and 4 cups of sugar and let stand. Boil together 3/4 cup water and 1 box of pectin. Boil hard for 1 minute stirring constantly. Then add to fruit mixture and stir for 3 minutes. Put in fruit jars and freeze.

 (I always triple the recipe and then add a minute or more to the stirring of the fruit and pectin together). I like to make strawberry, raspberry and blackberry jam. Yummy!!

YouTube Link: Strawberry Freezer Jam

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to have comments! Be sure to follow my blog too!