Paper Crafting and Painting

Paper Crafting and Painting
A few of my favorite things...

Monday, June 13, 2011

"There's A Little Cowboy in all of us..." So Happy Father's Day Buckeroo!

My Pink Stamper issued a color challenge this week using green, turquoise, and orange.  I decided to design a card with a Father's Day theme, since the big day is this Sunday. Feel free to join in on the challenge by clicking on this link My Pink Stamper.

 I have seen pictures of my dad dressed up as a cowboy when he was  a little boy and thought a cowboy themed card would be fun, using the Cricut cartridge A Child's Year! So giddy up! Assembly instructions below.


 Cut from black card stock, one 5" image from Cricut cartridge A Child's Year - pg. 73
Both were so cute I had a tough time choosing.

Folded Card base is 5" X 7", 1st layer black card stock 4 3/4" X 6 3/4", 2nd layer orange scrapbook paper (DCWV Flower Shower Spring Stack) 4 1/2" X 6 1/2", 3rd layer green scrapbook paper (DCWV Flower Shower Spring Stack) 4 1/4" X 6 1/4", fourth layer is three stripes of turquoise and green patterned paper 7" X 3/4", Cut orange paper for sentiments to match size of stamp or sticker. Ink with Color box chalk, chestnut roan, around sentiments and card base. After putting layers together, before adhering to the card base--wrap beaded twine around the card and then put pop dots on back of cowboy.
 Tools used: Cricut paper trimmer, bone folder, ATG gun, scissors, Colorbox chalk - chestnut roan, and pop dots.
DCWV Flower Shower Spring Stack, Cricut Cartridge A Child's Year, Avery's Clear Sticker Project Paper.  Whenever I can't find the perfect stamp to use I quickly make a clear sticker on my computer and just print my sentiment off onto Avery's Clear Project paper, love it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to have comments! Be sure to follow my blog too!